If using Firefox, please download the PDF above to your computer and fill out using Adobe Reader.
• A Master of Divinity or its educational equivalent with a 3.0 (B) grade point average
• A minimum of three years pastoral experience post Master of Divinity graduation
• A context for sustained preaching to a community
Applicants should submit completed forms and a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 to the school through which they wish to enroll.
The application deadline is February 28th.
The dates for the next three years are:
June 19 – July 8, 2022
June 18 – July 7, 2023
Due to COVID-19, the ACTS D.Min in Preaching Program Office will be staffed remotely Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Contact the Program Office by email at email@example.com.
The Application Process
Candidates may choose to apply to one of the six participating seminaries:
Bexley Seabury Seminary, Chicago Theological Seminary, Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago, McCormick Theological Seminary, or North Park Theological Seminary. Applications are approved by the admissions committee of the seminary to which the candidate applies.
Since the program asks participants to work closely with ministry groups on sermon formation and feedback experiences, participants need the informed support and cooperation of congregational members or in the case of those in non-congregational ministry sites, a group of persons who are connected with their ministry, to successfully complete the program requirements. In their review of applications, the schools assess the level of support from one’s ministry setting.
The Program Committee seeks to cultivate and maintain a diverse student body and endeavors to honor the following criteria in the admissions process:
• Each class will represent a diversity of social, cultural and geographic locations.
• Persons who are involved in non-parish settings but who preach regularly may be accepted into the program.
• Those accepted into the program express strong motivation for the continued growth and for engaging their preaching for the advancement of their ministry.
The program is located in the Christian environment but is open to non -Christian clerics who preach regularly.
Applicants are notified in a timely manner depending on when their complete application is processed. However, normally all applicants are notified by the beginning of March of the action taken on their application. Normally, participants who are admitted and who plan to participate in the program are required to submit a $250 non -refundable enrollment deposit within three weeks of being informed of their admission into the Program. This deposit will signal their intention to enroll and will be credited toward the tuition due for the year.